Late Shri. K.B.Veerkar Founder
Late Dr. Shri. N.K Upasani Ex-President
Adarsha Shikshan Mandali (ASM), the parent body of Adarsha Comprehensive College of Education and Research, was established by Late Shri. K.B. alias Tatyasaheb Veerkar in the year 1937. He is still remembered for building the English-Marathi Dictionary, one of the major contribution to the field of education.
The Adarsha Shikshan Mandali, Pune is registered under the Societies Registration Act 2XI of 1860 No. 1269 of 1943-44.
Affiliation and Accreditation
Adarsha Comprehensive College of Education is affiliated to the University of Pune and is a grant in aid college receiving grant from the Govt. of Maharashtra.
Affiliation: Savitribai Phule Pune University formally University of Pune
(ID. No. PU/PN/EDN/027/(1970 UPF-253 (75) 1100-TWENTY FIVE DATE 15-05-1976)
NCTE Permanent Recognition: WRC/OAPWO576/113105/2015
Salient Features of the College
- One of the Premier Teacher training institutes in Pune with over 35 years reputation of outstanding results
- Institute promoted and run by Adarsha Shikshan Mandali, well known for their network of excellent schools
- Highly qualified and experienced teaching faculty with twelve of them having Ph.D. qualification
- Facility for both English and Marathi medium instruction
- Easily accessible central location saves time, money and energy on commuting
- Morning timings allow for pursual of other evening part time courses to enhance career prospects
- Along with the regular B.Ed. training: Facility for developing ‘Spoken English’( by AIEL)
Members of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell
- Dr. Ms. L. R. Vartak: Principal and Ex-officio Chairperson
- Dr. P. C. Shejwalkar: President ASM &Member (Management Nominee)
- Mr. V.N.Chavan: Chairman ASM & Member (Local Society Nominee)
- Mr. P.M. Joshirao: Hon. Sec. ASM & Member (Industry Nominee)
- Dr. M. S. Kamble: Member, Teaching Staff Representative
- Dr. Ms. R. G. Jaybhaye: Member, Teaching Staff Representative
- Ms. A. P. Kulkarni: Member, Non-teaching Staff Representative
- Mr. Sambhaji Gayake: Member, Alumni Association Nominee
- Dr. P.N. Joshi: Coordinator
Members of the College Development Committee
- Hon. Dr. P.C. Shejwalkar, Chairman
- Hon. Shri. V. N. Chavan, Member
- Hon. Shri. P.M. Joshirao, Member
- Dr. Avinash Pradhan, Member
- Dr. Ms. Sushama Keskar, Member
- Dr. Shri. S. H. Vishwasrao, Member
- Dr. Ms. Lalita R. Vartak, Principal and Convener
- College Timings: 8:00 to 2:00 pm
- Office Hours: Monday to Friday: 7.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. | Saturday: 7.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
- Library Hours: Monday to Friday: 8.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. | Saturday: 8.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
- Visiting Hours of Principal: 11 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. or by prior appointment